Derwen College delivers exceptional programmes and a rich learning environment for young people, aged from 16 to 25 years, with special educational needs and disabilities, including:
• Learning and physical disabilities • Autism Spectrum Disorder • Behaviours of concern • PMLD
Our main campus is in Gobowen, near Oswestry in North Shropshire
What we do:
- Vocational pathways Depending on the location, we have the following vocational pathways available. • Hospitality and Food • Horticulture • Performing Arts • Retail and Enterprise • Sports and Fitness • Business Support
- Learning for Life pathway The Life Skills / Preparation for work pathway is designed for students not yet ready for a full-time vocational pathway. You will gain the necessary skills that support you in all aspects of life.
- Alongside your chosen pathway, we will work with you to develop an individualised programme: Functional Skills (English, maths and ICT); Employability Skills; Personal, Social and Health Education (PSHE); and Independence Skills development
- An extensive range of therapies and wellbeing support is available including: Positive Behaviour Support; speech & language therapy; occupational therapy; counselling; and physiotherapy and Learning Disability Nurses.
- Derwen College also offers Short Breaks holiday provision for young adults aged 18 upwards to enjoy a break.
Age Range: 16–25
Free to use?
Requires an application to be completed
01691 661 234
Derwen College, Whittington Road,