Creative somatic therapy
Offering creative somatic sessions using art, play and drama; helping healthy development, building social-emotional skills and resilience. For children, families and adult individuals to support in areas including managing feelings, recovering from trauma and improving social engagement. We have previously run family fun days, for young people and children with SEND and their families funded by West Sussex Council.
What we do:
- Sessions from one to two hours, one to one with children aged five to twelve, family sessions and adults one to one. Day workshops for families and groups. Options of art, play, storytelling & drama, included to support needs of client/s.
- Delivered face to face, in a hired space, at home, in school or outside nature spot as appropriate.
- Sister Sarah director, Sarah Hutchinson, is a practitioner of Neuro Dramatic Play which uses the keys stages of early child development: rhythmic play, projective art, role play as a basis for therapeutic activities, along with Somatic Experiencing.
- See here for more info on the therapy approaches: https://www.ndpltd.org/ https://sosinternationale.org/about-se
- We try to make our sessions accessible to as many as possible, please contact to find out if our services would be appropriate to the needs of you, your child or family.
Our users say:
"Lots of things to take away and continue with" "The music used really opened me up" "Reminded me of the importance of time to play"