YMCA 1-2-1 Mentoring (Short Break Provider)
YMCA's 1-2-1 mentoring support for young people aged 11-18 with moderate learning disabilities in Crawley and Horsham
YMCA is a Short Break Provider
What we do:
- Our trained mentors specialise in supporting young people with disabilities to grow in confidence and personal aspiration.
- They achieve this by providing guidance, advice and support, through bespoke activities and experiences, personalised to each individual young person.
- These sessions offer small groups of young people opportunities to have fun, develop friendships and go on adventures, with support from trained volunteers linked to each individual young person
- One-to-one mentoring can support young people to deal with day-to-day challenges, as well as achieving longer term life goals
- Support to engage in the wider community, improve communication and develop more positive relationships with friends, family and colleagues