Hate Incident Support Service (HISS), West Sussex
The West Sussex Hate Incident Support Service supports children and adults affected by hate incidents and crime under the following 5 Strands - * Racial * Disability * Religious/Faith * Sexual orientation * Gender Identity * We provide free and confidential emotional, practical, and advocacy support.
What we do:
- We can offer support via Email, Phone, or Face-to-Face contact
- We support people who believe they are being targeted due to prejudice or discrimination.
- We take referrals from schools, the police, organisations, or the affected victim/their parent or guardian.
- Our Project Workers are specially trained in understanding the impact of Hate Crime.
- If you wish to do a Self Referral there is a form on the West Sussex County Council Website. https://www.westsussex.gov.uk/fire-emergencies-and-crime/report-problems-in-your-area/hate-incident-reporting-form-victim/
Our users say:
"When I spoke the support worker, I felt emotionally lighter, I was pleased to know Victim Support is there to help people." "Brilliant service"