FarmBuddies (Farm Buddies)
FarmBuddies, a Not For Profit Social Enterprise, acts as a Community Connector arranging for accompanied individuals/small groups to visit farms in the local area one day a week to do a variety of regular farm jobs, including animal care, according to age, choice and ability; all under farmer supervision. Farmbuddies provide information and find the farm for you without charge.
NEW FARM VISIT & LOCATOR GUIDES TO VIEW ON OUR WEBSITE
What we do:
- A fast and easy way to find a local farm to visit suited to your individual additional need(s). You will work with the farmer on jobs according to age, choice and ability; the diagnosis is left at the farm gate.
- Selected farms have, in most cases, experience and training in providing interesting and varied activity programmes or areas for quite reflection if preferred. The emphasis is on social interaction and abilities rather than commercial productivity.
- Anybody with a mild or moderate additional need of any age from 9 to 90 can gain confidence, self-esteem, work skills, knowledge and health benefits in a relaxed setting.
- The usual programme is one day (10am-3pm) a week for a minimum of 12 weeks to optimise lasting outcomes. We have initiated over 2000 Individual Day Places across the South East region working with Local Authorities, charities and Parents/Carers.
- Wherever possible we place young people on a regular family farm and with a maximum size of four participants, often less, to achieve outcomes that delight all involved.
Our users say:
"I have already seen such an improvement in his confidence it is staggering" " We both absolutely love our farming days"