In Control Youth
The purpose of In Control Youth (ICY) is to encourage and support the involvement of young people involved in services in advocating for their rights in their localities and across United Kingdom. ICY operate as a community network, working for change and to provide people with the knowledge, power and tools to control their support. ICY’s aim is to increase the involvement of young people in advocating for and leading in rights based issues and social inclusion at the local and national level.
What we do:
- ICY is not a service provider. ICY is aimed at encouraging young people to become the leaders of tomorrow, specifically focussed on advocating for their rights within health on a national and local level.
- ICY is a youth network of disabled and non-disabled young people who share the vision, beliefs and values of inclusion, fighting discrimination and exclusion, engaging in a rights based approach and sharing in the ethos of the social model of disability.
- ICY members are supported to understand relevant areas of rights-based, user-led advocacy and they are involved in engaging and supporting other young people in their local area.
- We exist, primarily, online and focus on supporting each other to be champions in our local communities. As the group grows and develop, they will challenge discrimination and exclusion through social cohesion, promoting social rights and inclusion.
- ICY’s aim is to increase the involvement of young people in advocating for and leading in rights based issues and social inclusion at the local and national level.
Our users say:
“It’s fantastic to be a part of a network that sees the person before the disability and ensures that we can still do all the things that others can do but in a different way.” Member of In Control Youth
Age Range: 18–25
Free to use?
07835 413 238
07854 331 487 Email this service