Childrens Speech and Language Therapy Service (Mid Sussex and Crawley), West Sussex (SALT)
Our Speech and Language Therapy Team support children and young people in West Sussex with speech, language and communication difficulties (and/or feeding and swallowing difficulties).
What we do:
- Our Speech and Language Therapists (SLTs) are experienced in working with parents/carers and other professionals to assess a child's speech, language and communication difficulties and the impact of these difficulties on the child.
- Where appropriate, we will agree a programme of support jointly with parents/ carers. The SLTs/SALTAs will work face to face or where appropriate through the wider workforce (schools and pre-school settings) to deliver this programme. of intervention.
- The SLT team work with children in a variety of locations including health clinics, Child Development Centres, Children and Family Centres, schools (including special schools), pre-school settings and children's homes.
- The Services will be available to families, children and young people who are registered with a West Sussex GP practice and attend a West Sussex maintained school or are being home educated (EHE).
- All Sussex Community NHS Trust staff are required to complete a comprehensive statutory and mandatory training programme as well as continuing professional development as a requirement of their professional registration.
Our users say:
Made to feel very comfortable and therefore my son worked well.
Age Range: 0–16
Free to use?
01273 696 011
01293 541 196 Email this service