Chailey Heritage School (part of Chailey Heritage Foundation) (Independent List 41)
Chailey Heritage Foundation is a pioneering charity providing education, care and transition services for young people with complex physical disabilities and health needs. Part of the Foundation, Chailey Heritage School is a non-maintained day and residential special school offering education and care for young people aged 3 to 19. Up to 52 week on-site residential care is available for children and young adults.
What we do:
- For Chailey Heritage Schools, referrals are required usually from Local Authorities. Fees are payable by Local Authorities and/or other funding bodies. Private placements are available.
- Highly trained and specialist staff including Advanced Specialist Practitioners in Sensory Impairment and SPMLD, Assistive Technologist,
- Facilities include Patchwork Farm, a Hydrotherapy Pool, Hippotherapy, independent Advocacy service, overnight accommodation for parents to hire., family room to use.
- Therapies and 24 nursing care with access to Drs and Consultants from Chailey Clinical, part of the Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust
- Transition service for adults aged 19-25 and on-site facilities include a Life Skills Centre and the Hub. The 'Pathways' service provides support at home and in the community.
Our users say:
"Being able to access the staff and facilities available at the School and Chailey Clinical is key to helping our daughter unlock and achieve her potential."
Age Range: 2–19
Free to use?
01825 724 444
Haywards Heath Road,