Chestnut Tree House Childrens Hospice (Short Breaks Provider)
Chestnut Tree House is the only children's hospice in Sussex. Caring for over 300 children and young adults aged 0 to 19 with progressive life-shortening conditions, and providing support for the whole family including parents, siblings and grandparents.
Chestnut Tree House is a Short Break provider
What we do:
- Chestnut Tree House is the only children's hospice in Sussex, and provides care and support for life-shortened children and their families.
- Referrals can be made by anyone, as long as it has been discussed with the child or young person’s family beforehand. Children and young people must be aged between 0 to 17 at first referral, and those accepted are not expected to live into adulthood.
- Chestnut Tree House is funded by charitable donations and there are no costs to pay, this includes all meals. Medical cover is also provided for your child/ young person during their stay. Care is free.
- We provide specialist short breaks, emergency and end of life care both at Chestnut Tree House, and in the community at the child's own home.
- We give support to the entire family following diagnosis through the whole disease process by the multi-disciplinary team at Chestnut Tree House, including specialist nurses, doctors, therapists, counsellors and Chaplain.
Our users say:
'Chestnut is a great service, and one we would be lost without. We would recommend it to anyone who needs it. Thank you so much.' From a parent in our 2014 Carer's Questionnaire.
Age Range: 0–19
Free to use?
01903 871 800
Chestnut Tree House,