Aspens Children and Young People's Service (Short Break Provider)
Aspens provides Short Breaks for children and young people in West Sussex. These include 1:1 outreach support - Buddy & Youth Engagement- as well as after school and Saturday clubs. The focus of these support sessions is on empowering social and communication skills, building confidence, independence and self esteem.
*Short Break provider
What we do:
- Service for children and young people with autism spectrum conditions. Offering a wide range of activities, giving the same access to these as their mainstream peers but with the benefit of specialised support.
- All staff have current clear DBS checks, autism specific training and undertake a full induction on joining the service.
- After an application is received, an assessment is carried out before a support session can begin. We then match children and young people with the most suitable club setting or support worker available.
- We run support groups for young people with a focus on empowering . Our groups are friendly, safe places where all our young people can spend time together and enjoy each other's company.
- 1-1 outreach sessions offer access to a fun activity of the child/young person's choice, within the community or home environment, with support from a trained member of staff to accompany them. Providing respite for the parent/carers.
Our users say:
"..a Short Break allows me to spend quality time with my other children. Aspens has had a huge impact on our family, before their involvement I felt isolated and exhausted" quote from a parent whose child attends one of our Saturday clubs.